We are seeking an Industrial Engineer with very strong background in continuous improvement methods, ability to implement change, validate and recalibrate results combined with the confidence and persuasiveness to motivate a team to adapt to new processes and policies to instill continuous improvement and efficiency in their daily responsibilities. The position is with a tier 1 JIT automotive parts assembly facility. This is a progressive organization that empowers their employees and promotes from within. You can build a long and prosperous career with this organization.
Essential Job Duties
- Develop and maintain all process/labor standards using M.O.S.T.
- Lead Kaizen program and report monthly.
- Lead the company Ergonomic Program and report to JHSC monthly.
- Maintain line balance and a safe and efficient process.
- Maintain facilities layout.
- Work with customer to develop part packaging/containerization.
- Assist in productivity improvements, defect/scrap reduction and safety issues as required.
- Prepare manpower quotations and process analysis to support model changes, engineering work orders etc.
- Acquire quotations, source vendors and manage the implementation of new projects.
- Travel as needed.
- Prepare and maintain all pertinent documentation as required.
- Communicate with Customers/Suppliers as necessary.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in an assembly environment
- Practical experience at mixed model line balance
- Demonstrated experience at project management
- Certified in M.O.S.T. predetermined motion time system
- Proficient in MS Office & AutoCAD
This is an excellent opportunity to join a top-notch organization. You will have the opportunity to continue to learn and develop your skills and take on new and more challenging projects as you demonstrate your capabilities. This is a permanent position.